Saturday, February 10, 2007

Korean Fried Chicken

I was salivating when I read this article, "Koreans Share Their Secret for Chicken With a Crunch," in the New York Times the other day. The swell of enthusiasm I felt for Korean fried chicken reminds me of the time I read about a Guatemalan fried chicken place called Pollo Campero that opened up in LA. I must have bugged Laurel about it because she finally drove me to Pollo Campero one winter when we were both home for the holidays. The actual chicken didn't quite live up to the myth and the lore, but I have high hopes for the slightly more upscale Korean fried chicken. You might be asking, what is this Korean fried chicken plasticann speaks of. Well, according to the article, "Korean-style fried chicken is radically different, reflecting an Asian frying technique that renders out the fat in the skin, transforming it into a thin, crackly and almost transparent crust." Rachel Ray would say, "Yummers," but I say, yet another reason besides KidFresh to visit MGDub in the Big Apple.

No comments: