Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ye Olde 27

We went out for a fun birthday dinner courtesy of plasticmom last Sunday. Oleana's with Kristen, Dave, Adam and Wheezy made for a good time. The desserts were amazing. I hoarded most of my Baked Alaska treat, but I did share with Dave. I tried all the other desserts we ordered for the table, but I ultimately returned to methodically consuming my Baked Alaska. A chewy coconut macaroon disk topped by a dense mound of coconut ice cream topped with a delicious meringue...what more could a girl want. The food really good too, everything from the pre-appetizers to the entrees. However, the winner of our gourmet outing was Wheezy who ordered the vegetarian tasting menu. All of us meat eaters were salivating over Wheezy's dinner peppering her with questions like, "does it taste good" "what's in it" and of course, "can I try some?" Wheezy was basking in the well deserved culinary limelight. It almost makes up for the other 90% of the time when her vegetarian option consists of piles of veggies or a large salad.

No comments: