Saturday, November 03, 2007

Homecoming

Today, we rented a zipcar to drive out to CT for homecoming at Adam's alma mater. The weather was crappy out and we debated whether or not to make the 2 hour drive. We already had the zipcar reserved so we had to pay for it so I voted to check out the Nordstroms at the new Natick Collections if we weren't going to homecoming. We decided to make the drive after all and I'm glad we skipped the mall. It was cold, rainy and windy for most of the day, but we did get to wander around campus for a little bit before we headed over to a reception for the IVCF chapter there. We tried going to the local Polish place for dinner, but we couldn't find it. The following is a reconstructed conversation at a convenience store where I asked about the Polish place:

plasticann: Hi, I'm looking for a Polish restaurant called blah blah blah.
Young Convenience Store Guy: What? J and M?
plasticann: It's a Polish restaurant, the pierogi place?
YCSG: [pointing at an older woman behind the deli counter] Maybe you should ask my aunt.
plasticann: I'm looking for a Polish restaurant that is on this street?
Older Woman: Oh, that place has been gone for years. The building it was in no longer exists. They're building condos there now.
plasticann: Oh, I guess it has been eight years. I'm getting old.

We're guessing the driving range that was next to the Polish place is also now condos which would explain why we "missed" the place. The young guy probably never knew about the Polish place.

No comments: