Sunday, June 07, 2009

Spaahhhcee!

We walked over to Tip Top Thai last night for dinner. We hadn't been there in years so we decided to check it out since I was in the mood for some soup. I ordered a small Tom Yum soup + Summer Rolls and Adam got the Pad Thai. Service was super slow and the dining room was empty. All was going along reasonably well until I started chewing on a "green bean" in my soup. Blistering heat started after a few seconds...it was a small super spicy pepper with seeds. I spent the next 10 minutes bathing my mouth in milk to control the burn. My lips were blistering hot so I had to pour milk in my plate and put my head into it to cool down my lips. When we tried explaining to the waitress that they should warn people about the peppers in the soup, she was pretty unsympathetic. She gestured that "Duh" you're not supposed to eat the peppers, they're for flavor. Point taken, but it was in the soup looking like a green vegetable mixed in with all the other ingredients. Not a great end to a meal, but now I know not to chew on "green beans" and be more careful.  

No comments: