Thursday, December 30, 2010

Sunshine Lucy's

Admittedly, this blog has jumped the shark as my good friend Steve would say, but I'm trying to be better about blogging mostly because I do really enjoy blogging and I've missed it.

Here goes. One of my favorite stores in Davis is a furniture store called Sunshine Lucy's on Holland. I always try to stop by and check out what's new which is easy for me since I live in the area. They have a lot of used furniture, but the really cool thing is they repaint and reupholster their furniture with fresh colors and modern prints. I think they do a really good job pairing the old and new so it's vintage, but not so old fashioned. It reminds me of the Anthropologie shabby chic look without the super high prices. They'll also make you whatever you want if you're into designing your own pieces, they seem really accommodating. I bought myself a great armchair last year with a great black and white dragonfly upholstery and a old school painted wooden stool with clawfeet. Actually, the aforementioned Steve drove me and my furniture home and saved me on delivery charges. Right now, I'm coveting the bookcases they're featuring in their window. They're kinda mod and cubist with each asymmetrical cubby painted in a different vibrant color. Check it out this weekend and let me know what you think of the bookcases.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's a picture of the chair?

Anonymous said...

I may have to pay this place a visit when I have to furnish my new apartment.--mgdub