Thursday, August 08, 2013

Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies - perfect for ice cream sandwiches


Now I don't want you all to have the impression that the only people I ever make fun of on this blog are Adam and plasticmom so I'm going mix it up today and reconstruct the following email conversation I had with my friend Zristen earlier this week.

Zristen: Everyone enjoyed the cookies!  Are there any more?  Zave only got one...

plasticann: I only gave you four cookies, one for each Zority. 
Zristen: HAHAHA!  I ate 2, kids ate slower than me so I guess they split one.  Zave wasn't happy because he wanted more!

If only Zvy and Zwan realized that mommy ate their cookie and made them share one, heads would roll. I baked another batch of the cookies today and I split the Zority's share into four bags. I can't trust that Zristen will distribute them accordingly so I labeled each person's bag and I'm posting the cookie quantities publicly to ensure some accountability. 


Zristen: 3 cookies
Zave: 3 cookies
Zvy: 1 cookie
Zwan: 1 cookie

Thin Chocolate Chip Cookies


It's from Barefoot Contessa and the thin cookies are perfect for ice cream sandwiches. Not too thick, not too hard, just thin and slightly crispy.


Ingredients:

  • 1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
  • 1 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 shakes of cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Cream butter and two sugars until light and fluffy
  3. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well
  4. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix
  5. Mix in chocolate chips
  6. Scoop batter using a medium cookie scoop or a tablespoon
  7. Flatten dough a little
  8. Bake around 10-15 minutes until brown 
  9. Let cool for a few minutes on the pan
  10. Move to cooling rack to fully cool

1 comment:

Eating Fire said...

Zave is looking forward to his 3 cookies...