Sunday, March 30, 2014

More than one weakness

Adam and I were at dinner when I misheard and thought Adam said, "That's my one weakness..."

plasticann: Well, I think you have a few more than one weakness, I could list a couple.
Adam: Umm, I said it was one of my many weaknesses not my only weaknesses.
plasticann: There's one weakness that I had in mind, you're not very good at figuring out distances, volumes, lengths, etc.
Adam: I don't really know what's a quarter mile when you're navigating?
plasticann: Quarter mile is our house to Davis, half mile is our house to the church and a mile is our house to Porter.
Adam: But that doesn't help because I'm driving not walking.
plasticann: You're also not very good at figuring out volumes and lengths. Like the other day you asked me if two feet was [plasticann holds her hands about 12 inches apart].
Adam: I'm not really sure what's a liter.
plasticann: A liter is almost like a quart.
Adam: What's the little skinny carton?
plasticann: A quart!!! I really need to quiz you on this stuff. How many cups in a pint?
Adam: A pint weighs a pound the world around!
plasticann: How is that helpful? Come on, how many cups in a pint Adam?
Adam: Umm, three quarters of a cup?
plasticann: What??? A pint is 2 cups. It's half of a skinny carton also known as a quart.
Adam: I thought a pint was the little one [holds hands about four inches high].
plasticann: That's a half pint or a cup.
Adam: I always thought the little one was a pint.
plasticann: I think we've figured out the root of the problem. You thought the little one was a pint when it was a half pint.
Adam: They never taught us this stuff in school.
plasticann: School? You learn this stuff by shopping at the grocery store.
Adam: I guess I never food shopped growing up. I also didn't learn the state capitals.

2 comments:

Adam said...

Not quite how I recall the conversation... Though a bad memory is another weakness.

Kaiwen Lin said...

This is helpful for me too!