Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Bios: "small" wedding...not so "small" wedding party

I've selected and secured the services of my team of bridesmaids. Wheezy says she'll use this as her bio if she ever gets on imdb. I'll be holding her to that. Here's the edited rundown of "Team Bridesmaids."

MGDub: (Maid of Honor) MGDub is finishing up her degree in TelevisionProduction at BU and is currently editing her thesis project. Although MGDub and I met at Brown, we didn't become friends until we both moved to Boston. She’s been a huge part of my life in Boston over the last five years. MGDub is my "date" to office functions when Adam is unavailable and she's almost a bigger hit with the office than Adam himself. MGDub has graciously chauffeured me around in "Ben," the name she impetuously bestowed on her SUV. To her credit, this was before the "nnifer" hoopla. MGDub is looking forward to her many MOH duties such as bustling, holding random stuff and compiling mildly embarrassing stories about Adam and me.

Laurel: (Bridesmaid) Laurel is finishing up her PhD in Bioengineering at "BIT." Laurel and I have been friends since third grade. Since we both work in Kendall Square, we regularly meet up for lunch. Laurel brings the sandwiches and I bring the snacks. I get the better end of the deal because she usually brings snacks as well. She's an amazing baker and is a longtime Food TV addict. She's been an incredibly loyal and faithful friend to me over the last (26-8=18) eighteen years and it's been such a treat spending the last few years living in the same city. Laurel will be providing photos of me during my awkward years and boy is she excited.

Kristen: (Bridesmaid) Kristen is obsessed with teeth. Fortunately, she’s a dentist. Watching a movie with Kristen will sometimes include a running commentary about celebrity cosmetic dental procedures. By the way, Halle Berry's teeth aren't real, but you'll have to ask Kristen about that. What I love most is about Kristen is her enthusiasm and hospitality. Dinner at her house is always a feast. Kristen, my consultant, has taken me ring shopping, wedding dress shopping and is pretty darned excited about hair and makeup. She's also refreshingly enthused about the prospect of bridesmaid dresses. Kristen will undoubtedly make sure I look good on the big day and make me laugh throughout the process.

Cara: (Bridesmaid) Cara, my futuresister-in-law, is Adam’s lovely big sister. She’s incredibly affirming and has always been extremely kind and welcoming. Cara and her husband Bryce are parents to the famous Baby “Zess.” Super smart and multi talented, Cara epitomizes good taste and style. Cara will be anchoring Team Bridesmaid from the West Coast and she’ll also be supervising Baby Zess, who will be in charge of tiny bow tying since she’s still got wee little fingers.

Wheezy: (Bridesmaid) Wheezy is using the quantitative skills gained from nearly five years of economic litigation consulting toward a degree in Film Studies at BU. Wheezy was my mentor and she taught me everything I know and shares my love for programming in STATA. Most importantly, Wheezy has been an awesome friend. plasticmom loves talking to Wheezy about their shared love of gridded notebooks (especially the French variety). plasticmom always has movie ideas she wants to share with Wheezy, including a black and white film about economics. Wheezy is always up for a conversation about obscure film topics, foley artists, what's "cool," what's "square" and finally, what's so square that it's cool. Nina's many intellectual interests include: logit models, punk, hip hop, silent films, jazz, musicals and of course gridded notebooks. wheezymom may feel inspired to knit her a special butt bow for her dress.

No comments: