Monday, January 24, 2005

Boston Organics

Thanks to MGDub's plug, I started getting Boston Organics delivered. Friday was my first vegetable/fruit box delivery. So far I've eaten one apple, but I'm comforted by the idea that I now have fresh fruits and vegetables coming my way every other week without any effort on my part. I don't actually care about organic, but I like not having to think about what to get and I also like that the food just shows up like clockwork. Organic is just a bonus so I can feel "hip" and "cool" like I'm actually a concerned citizen and I'm sure there are some health reasons for it as well. This week, I received kiwis, pears, apples, oranges, broccoli, tomatoes, lettace, an avocado and a bunch of other stuff. I'm not a huge fan of of eating tons of bosc pears and the weird apples that are a little small probably because they're organic. I'm going to make a crisp out of my supply because there's nothing a little butter and sugar can't take care of. plasticmom thinks I'm pathetic, but then again almost everyone thinks the same when I admit that I don't really know what I eat.

No comments: