Wednesday, June 29, 2005

"It's what the 'people' want..."

Adam and I got back from our honeymoon on Monday and hung out with MGDub last night. We ended up at Cambridge Common for our tasty tasting menu style meal. We shared the cheeseburger sliders [mini hamburgers], hawaiian pizza and meatloaf. My favorite, the sliders. What's not to love about mini food, which is probably why I love hors d'oeuvres so much. Speaking of hor d'oeuvres, Adam and I decided to take Steve's advice via blog commenting seriously: we got married. Our awesome wedding reception was at Upstairs on the Square complete with hor d'oeuvres, dinner, dessert and even tasty cocktails. I'm happy to report that the wedding weekend extravaganza went smoothly and Adam and I even got to eat [alot] at our reception. More to come about our wedding, but for now, the following is a reconstructed conversation about blogs and weddings.

plasticann: I've been really bad about blogging with everything going on.
MGDub: Yeah, I know. I checked in periodically to see if you blogged from Canada.
plasticann: Now I have to pack and move so it might be a while before I'm blogging regularly.
MGDub: You should blog about the wedding with pictures of the programs and other projects.
plasticann: I can't find my digital camera cord so I'm not sure when I'll have pictures of the wedding craft projects up and running.
MGDub: How about wedding photos of you and Adam?
plasticann: I'm not really into that....having photos of actual people.
MGDub: Why not? LJC has lots of photos up...it's what "the people" want.
plasticann:...ummm...who are these "people?"
MGDub: Well, people like my mom [GJDubya].
plasticann: [secretly flattered, but simultaneously conflicted] Sorry, but I won't pander to "the people."

No comments: