Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Kashi Is The Man

School has become an occasional source of in class embarassments especially when professors poll the class. This morning's discussion on the cereal industry was "classic:"

Prof.: How many of you occasionally eat Kashi cereal?
plasticann: [raises her hand along with a number of others]
Prof: Ann, why do you eat Kashi?
plasticann: Um, my husband likes Kashi and sometimes I run out of Lucky Charms so I have to eat the Kashi.
Prof: Okay...now is there anyone who voluntarily eats Kashi?

True, Kashi Go Lean is not my favorite and for good reason as I learned today, it has an obcene amount of protein and fiber and no sugar. Unfortunately, I've now been pegged as someone who only eats Lucky Charms, which isn't entirely accurate. I really enjoy a bowl of Lucky Charms every so often, but I do eat other slightly more redeeming cereals. Somehow, I had a mental block when called upon. I wanted to say, "Raisin Bran Crunch," but I ended up saying "Lucky Charms." Raisin Bran Crunch is no Kashi Go Lean, but at least it's not associated with screaming temper tantrum throwing six year olds. On another note, I also learned that Kashi got bought by Kellogg so for all of you who buy Kashi partially to stick it to the "man," Kashi is the man. No one can escape the [cereal] man!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like my Kashi Go-Lean!

And I don't think we've ever had a full size box of Lucky Charms in the house... at least I don't think I could overcome my mom's nutritional indoctrination to buy a box. (You raised me well, mom!)

Ann said...

Actually, we did have a box of Lucky Charms. I bought it one day on a solo trip to the supermarket when it was on sale and Adam wasn't there to deter me.