Monday, September 15, 2008

My Neighbor

Adam was enthusiastically greeted by our little neighbor last week when he was coming home one evening. Our two porches and front doors face each other and she likes to hang out right inside the screen door. The following is a reconstructed conversation between Adam and our little neighbor Zay (age 3), I was not present:

Zay: [standing inside of the screen door] Hi!
Adam: Hi Zay!
Zay: Hi Ann!
Adam: [not sure how to respond]
Zay: [turning around to someone inside the house] I said hi to my neighbor...I said hi to Ann.
Adam: [Still not sure how to respond, but waves hi]
Zay: [not getting the response or reaction she was hoping, so she yells] I SAID HI TO MY NEIGHBOR...I SAID HI TO ANN!

In other news, Zay also woke up in the middle of the night crying really hard and yelling "Mommy, mommy." We all had our windows open since it was a warm evening so I'm sure MGDub, who was staying with us, probably heard her as well.

No comments: