Thursday, February 05, 2009

Brunch at Upstairs on the Square

Wheezy and I checked out the brunch at Upstairs on the Square last Sunday and it was phenomenal. I was watching a Food Network show called, "Best thing I ever ate..." and Upstairs Eggs Benedict made the show so I invited Wheezy to come with since I do love Eggs Benedict. We sat down at 11:45am [very fortunate as you'll see later] and perused the menu. I noticed our "neighbors" had this awesome bread basket. I wasn't sure if we had to "order" bread, but I didn't see "bread" on the menu so I figured and hoped that the bread basket was complimentary. It was indeed and the bread was AWESOME! We both agreed that we'd be happy eating just bread. We each got a mini cheddar dill scone, a muffin, sweet bread with dried fruit, coffeecake with nuts and a sticky bun. The food was really good too and my Eggs Benedict were cooked perfectly with just the right amount of hollandaise. As we were leaving the restaurant, we spied a group of young men in blazers and bow ties, a Harvard acapella group there to entertain the brunchgoers at 1pm. Remember, Wheezy "hates" acapella and the idea of acapella makes her want to "murder other people" or "murder herself." I forget which one it was, homicidal or suicidal. Fortunately, we were done eating and on our way out before they started singing so Wheezy's lovely brunch experience was saved.

No comments: