Saturday, January 16, 2010

ABC easy as 123 with Amazon

I was in charge of planning the Zority's baby shower today and the event was super fun and delicious as it was a Za pizza in Arlington. Tons of their friends came and we enjoyed good food, drink and delicious cake from Lyndells. The theme was the Alphabet which was fitting since they'd requested their friends bring books to build a library for their baby. I shopped for ideas and bought most of my baby shower items from Amazon and since I have prime...they arrived just a few days later. The only items not from Amazon were the Cake, Flowers and the Juice Glasses I used for vases. I forgot to take pictures, but here's the recap.

Guest Book/Cards:
Each guest wrote a note on the back of an Alphabet Wall Cards featuring Animals for the Zoritys to keep as a memento for their baby shower

Favors:
I made little candy bags filled with Alphabet Gummi Candy.

Decor:
Hot pink Gerber Daisies in these adorable "Alphabet" juice glasses from C&B for centerpieces plus stacks of these lower case alphabet blocks from Uncle Goose. Check out how the animals on the blocks are all baby versions. As much as I wanted to keep the cute blocks, they too got passed to the Zoritys baby.

Games:
Adam and I created a multiple choice quiz about the Zoritys as kids with questions like, "Who was your childhood hero?" Although they weren't utilized much, I also put out baby themed mad libs on the tables.

Prizes:
Our two quiz winners received Hatched! The Big Push from Pregnancy to Motherhood [Zayne...boy Zayne] or the Wry Baby Mini Safe Baby Handling Kit.

Cake:
Our yummy cake was from Lyndells, a gold cake filled with custard and strawberry jam frosted with whipped cream. It was decorated with a big letter "D" in Red Sox font.

No comments: