Monday, October 22, 2012

Doo Wee Rice

Adam and I checked out Doo Wee Rice in Powderhouse circle a few weekends ago and it was pretty tasty. We ordered the fried chicken wings (yum), braised pork bao baos (OK) and the chicken and rice (yum). The wings were my favorite. They give you 9 wings for $6 and they offer a whole bunch of sauces. The Vietnamese style sauce we got was light and fresh tasting so thumbs up on that one. The price was right too boot, we got out of there for under $20.

My only complaint was the service. The young woman at the counter was super passive and it was really unclear how to order. Here's my advice: walk straight up to the counter in the back of the room, order your food and aggressively just take a table that's empty. There's no procedure and the employees probably won't directly your to a table or manage a situation where a table is contested. There's no clear line, so you should just go for it and apologize later if needed. Hover over other people if you need to get a table. Just get into your "I'm at an Asian street market" mindset. If you get thrown out for rudeness, I'm not responsible.

No comments: