Tuesday, November 12, 2013

6 Weeks to Christmas: Local Candy Gift Ideas

This year, I'm not feeling super ambitious so I'm going to keep it at just one weekly post with a few gift ideas in the six weeks leading up to 12/25/13. I'm starting out with some local candy gifts which also work great as gifts for your Thanksgiving hosts.

Local candy if local means Somerville, MA

Taza Chocolate: This is not a new discovery by any means and it's a massive local favorite, but I've rediscovered them recently when searching out for gluten free and dairy free gifts. It's been challenging to find food gifts that are GF and DF that I actually really enjoy myself so I'm pretty excited about Taza Chocolates this year for its dietary versatility
  • Gluten Free and Dairy Free
  • Fun limited edition holiday flavors like Gingerbread and Eggnog
  • Chocolate samplers are a great way to try a bunch of their flavors, I love the Salt & Pepper
  • They even offer tours at their company store in Somerville which is super fun. You do have to wear a hair net and a beard net if you've got a winter beard like Adam
Adam's hair net and beard net at the Taza factory tour


Spindler Chocolates: I discovered these guys at the Davis Square Flea Market this fall where I bought their Almond Clusters and their Pate de Fruit jelly candies. Both were delicious and they're made right outside of Porter Square.
  • Full of dairy
  • Local dude making a living making candy
  • Product looks more expensive than it actually is, always a plus

No comments: