Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Convenient Oatmeal

I’ve been really into eating oatmeal for breakfast these days which surprises me since I usually get tired of eating something especially if it’s somewhat healthy. Instead of buying the flavored instant oatmeal packets, I’ve started making my own convenient single serve packets. I measure out quick oats, brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon into Ziploc sandwich bags assembly line style so I’ll make 10 at a time. On my way out in the morning, I grab a packet to take to work. Sometimes, I cut up a piece of fruit like a lovely persimmon and put it in the Ziploc. When I’m ready to eat, I add hot water to the oatmeal in a bowl and microwave for 90 seconds. It’s convenient, just the right level of sweetness and a delicious treat to boot.

Ingredients:
1/3 cup quick oats
1 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs raisins
Dash of cinnamon

Prepare:
Add about 1/3 cup hot water, microwave 90 seconds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try gradually reducing the sugar. You may never miss it. And try adding other dry fruit.