Saturday, January 12, 2008

No Pants

It was a fairly mild and sunny day today and I was out shopping when I encountered hoards of people wearing no pants. I was riding the green line when a group of people wearing boxers got on. At first, I figured they were young kids out for a jog and exercising on a nice day since they were wearing sneakers and fleece jackets. When I got to Park Street, even more people were wearing no pants. These folks were definitely not cooling off from a jog, they were wearing blazers, button down shirts, peacoats, heels, etc, but no pants. They weren't obscene or anything, but I was too freaked out to ask one of the no pants people what was going on so I asked some other pant wearing people. Turns out it's some annual no pants day organized by some improv people in NYC. From what I can tell, there's no real social or charity purpose for wearing no pants other than some lofty goal of people not taking themselves too seriously and promoting humor. There you go, no pants day on the T today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.universalhub.com/node/12282

Alissa said...

oh i love it! i saw this on the news and i thought it was hysterical. i'm so glad that you got to see it live! i wish i had been there.