Monday, January 28, 2008

Heel

The following two reconstructed conversations are about bread...specifically the heel:

plasticann: [looking in the fridge] What can I take for lunch today?
Adam: There's a turkey sandwich.
plasticann: I don't want it, it has the heel.
Adam: I thought you liked the chalupka.
plasticann: The what?
Adam: Chalupka is the heel. It's Polish.
plasticann: I like the heel if it's crusty bread, but not if it's soft sandwich bread.

Later that evening?

plasticann: I'm still kinda hungry.
Adam: You could eat that sandwich.
plasticann: I don't want the sandwich, it has the...chalupa.
Adam: [long pause] ha ha ha! The Taco Bell is gone, there's no chalupa. It's chalupka!
plasticann: You knew what I mean, chalupa chalupka.
Adam: Hey, this is my [Polish] heritage you're talking about.
plasticann: Admit it, it was kinda funny...you laughed.
Adam: Yeah, it was a little bit funny.

No comments: