Saturday, May 09, 2009

Holy Moly

Adam and I went to Macy's last night and I was admiring this Martha Stewart drink dispenser until I looked at the price tag...$100. It was cute and I wanted one, but it was made of plastic. I couldn't believe it so I took it over to the cash register and inquired: 

plasticann: Excuse me, how much is this?
Saleslady: Oh, it should be on sale, let me check....It's $59.
plasticann: You mean the price tag of $100 regular price is real?
Saleslady: That's Martha Stewart.
plasticann: Are you sure? That seems outrageous.
Saleslady: That's what we thought when we put them out. We even had our manager call and double check and it's a real price.

Wow! Whoever made that pricing decision should be canned. My strategy is to wait until they discount it to twenty bucks. Afterall, who's actually crazy enough to pay $100.

No comments: