Thursday, March 07, 2013

Sprinkledoodles

So....I gave up "mindless sweets" for Lent. I think that sweets that I make myself from scratch fall under "mindful" just because I have to intentionally make it before I eat it. That said, I'm trying to mindfully just sample when I make sweets this Lenten season.

I discovered a new food blog yesterday. Lottie + Doof and had to try out these colorful sugar cookies called sugar saucers. I generously encrusted my cookies with rainbow sprinkles and they turned out super pretty. The cookies have crisp edges, chewy centers and quite airy. Next time, I might flavor the dough with some almond extract for a different flavor. Adam says they look like "Clown Cookies," but since many people are freaked out by clowns, I'm going to call them "Sprinkledoodles."

No comments: