Tuesday, March 05, 2013

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to...Zvy's Birthday Conclusion

Zvy's birthday celebration last week started off rocky but ended up being successful. I'll frame it as Diamonds and Coals in honor of my alma mater.

Diamonds: The Dora decorations from Amazon were really inexpensive and a big hit.
Coals: The birthday girl was napping when we all congregated. Since she sometimes wakes up groggy and crying, it took her a while to get into party mode. A little cuddling with her mom and some TV cheered her up and then it was party time.
Diamonds: The beautiful purple/pink cake with flowers that Katie from Katie's Cakes made was also super delicious. Even the fondant decorations tasted good which is unheard of. The chocolate cake lasted an entire birthday week.
Coals: plasticann made Zvy cry by accident. The following is the reconstructed conversation
  • Zvy: I want cupcake project
  • Zristen: Zvy, not today. You can do it with plasticann tomorrow.
  • plasticann: Zvy, I'll take this home with me and ...
  • Zvy: Wah wah wah wah...wah 
  • plasticann: ...take it home with me and study the instructions...
  • Zvy: Wah wah wah wah
  • plasticann: ...study the instructions so I'll be ready.
  • Zvy: Wah wah wah wah. She's taking my toy!
  • Zristen: Don't worry Zvy, plasticann is not taking your toy home.
  • plasticann: I'm sorry Zvy, I mispoke. I won't take your toy home. [plasticann backs away from toy slowly]
Diamonds: Zvy loved all her new toys including the cape that Adam and I gave her. She kept asking for the cape which of course made my day.

Next year, I'll try not to make the birthday girl cry by accident. Hopefully, she'll also comprehend more so we'll have fewer of these pesky misunderstandings.
Birthday Dora joins the birthday bash

Little Hero Cape in purple and gold

No comments: