Friday, October 04, 2013

Cilantro Pesto Panzanella (+7 leftover points)


Ever since my friends Zbigail and Zrian introduced me to "leftover points," I've been motivated to cook with things I already have. It's a bit of a challenge, but kinda fun. Basically, you get one point for every ingredient that you already have. Think half finished items in your fridge or pantry. Some veggies and fruit that are about to be too ripe and need consuming could count too. I didn't give myself points for garlic, seasonings and other staples because that felt like cheating.

Cilantro Lime Pesto (+4 points)

Big bunch of fresh cilantro (+1)
Grated Parmesan or grated Romano (+1)
Lime zest and lime juice (+1)
Almond meal (+1)
Garlic
Olive oil
Salt & Pepper

  • Use food processor to blend the ingredients together into a pesto like paste. Season to taste and adjust ingredient ratios to taste


Panzanella (+3 points)

Cilantro lime pesto
Stale olive bread (+1)
Olive oil
Cucumber
Bell pepper
Avocado (+1)
Tomato (+1)

  • Cube bread, toss in olive oil, bake in oven at 350 until crisp
  • Chop up veggies
  • Mix bread, veggies and pesto together, season to taste

No comments: