Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Seasonal Nalgene Bottles

The Nalgene online store now features a seasonal water bottle and currently the season is "Valentine's Day." I'm not sure how I feel about this blatant pandering to folks who like collecting variations of things. Perhaps, Nalgene is finding that their product is so durable and high quality that people only need one so to encourage us all to buy more of the exact same bottle...new colors and new designs are introduced. This is exactly the business problem Coach faced a few years ago before they became a trend setter. On the other hand, I kind of want a red heart bottle...maybe if the hearts weren't in that allover pattern it'd be cuter. I'm predicting a shamrock version will hit the website next month for St. Patty's day and I think Nina would probably be into it cause she's part Irish.

No comments: