Monday, May 03, 2004

Fluff Girl!

Adam and I spent the weekend in the Bay Area visiting his family and the newest addition, Adam's niece whom I call "Zess." Zess is an adorable baby who likes to chew and drool on books. I predict Zess' quality of life will greatly improve once she figures out how to suck and slurp back her own drool...a major developmental coup indeed.

I also journeyed up to San Francisco to visit Zreg and the lovely Zelen on Saturday morning. They're loving California and enjoying the city. Zreg and Zelen did not go to the grocery store for the first five weeks in SF because they were too busy eating out and they've recently acquired a "Joey & Chandler" type cushy reclining chair for their living room. We enjoyed some dim sum and stopped by Taylor's Refresher [very retro in a stylized fashion] for some milkshakes and sweet potato fries. I picked up some Kettle Corn from the farmers market before heading back to Menlo Park.

On another note, I brought Zreg and Zelen a tub of Marshmallow Fluff and a Yummy Book as a small reminder of New England. They were disproportionately astounded by my humble gift of Fluff because Zelen had unsuccessfully searched for a tub of Fluff just the week before for a Smore's Pie and she had even asked for "Marshmallow Creme." I must have some sort of prophetic gift...I supernaturally know when citizens are in dire need of Marshmallow Fluff. I call myself..."Fluff Girl!"

No comments: