Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Ole Mexican Grill

A group of us gave Ole Mexican Grill's Sunday brunch a whirl after church last weekend. We were looking forward to the fresh guacamole made tableside, but we were thwarted because they ran out of guacamole. I didn't understand how a Mexican restaurant could run out of guacamole, but I checked their guacamole carts and didn't find any avocadoes lurking around. I kept eyeing the huge things of guacamole other tables were enjoying and I was debating whether I had the gumption to politely guilt other customers into sharing a taste of guacamole. Finally, I was told [by Adam] to "stop pouting or go ask for some guacamole." I scoped out the other tables and finally approached a jovial party of folks enjoying margaritas and TWO things of guacamole. Very tasty and at 4.95 for a huge thing of fresh guacamole...I'll be at Ole some Sunday before church so I can ensure the guacamole doesn't run out. I would highly recommend going for brunch since it's significantly cheaper than the dinner menu: Brunch is around $6-8 and dinner is $15-20. Guacamole at dinner is a whopping $9.00 versus $4.95 at lunch.

No comments: