Thursday, September 16, 2004

The Mystery of the Missing Sherbet

Last week, I jaywalked over to our local Dunkin' Donuts/Baskin Robbins hybrid and picked up some vanilla ice cream and rainbow sherbet for happy half hour. Most people enjoyed the Coke floats with vanilla ice cream, but I was the only one who ventured over to the rainbow sherbet with my sparkling water sherbet concoction. Pondering our happy hour options, I checked on our frozen treat supply this afternoon. I was shocked and dismayed to discover an empty carton because I barely made a dent in the sherbet last week. I'm not sure who's been dipping into the sherbet at such an impressive rate, but I've eliminated four possible culprits...myself included. Since no one has openly flaunted their sherbet eating, I'm on a mission to weed out the sherbet enthusiast, if only to offer my congratulations.

Public Service Announcement: Not to be confused with sorbet, sherbet is not diary free.

No comments: