Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Birthday Surprises

For my birthday surprise, Adam blindfolded me with a [clean] t-shirt and led me around Porter Exchange and into a waiting car. Apparently, bystanders do not rescue blindfolded individuals if they do not appear to be struggling. Unfortunately, my eyes were dilated when I walked into a room blurry looking people shouting "surprise." I was shocked to see all these friends in a room surrounded by lots of tasty food. Some culinary highlights included a sushi platter, refreshing Cape Code cranberry soda and Laurel's super tall sensational birthday cake creation...chocolate cake filled with mousse and strawberries topped with chocolate ganache. I also got to judge the a very fun "birthday card making contest." I tried not to play favorites, but Dave blew the competition away with his wooden birthday card complete with brass hinges. Laurel took second place with her clever use of acrylic and foam letters. Lastly, my roommate Nicole got third place for her intricately detailed Shrinky Dink craftsmanship. All winners were awarded gift cards to local coffee joints. Interestingly, the Starbucks card was last to be claimed. All in all...an excellent birthday.

No comments: