Thursday, October 28, 2004

Come on Red Sox...[clap clap clapclapclap]

Like everyone else, my roommates and I were watched the Red Sox win the World Series last night. We baked up some frozen soft pretzels Nicole brought home and I toggled between baking cookies in the kitchen and running back to the living room to make sure we were still ahead. Whenever I started to not "believe," Nicole and I would bolster my spirits by chanting "Come on Red Sox" followed by a series of syncopated claps while Carin nervously rocked back in forth in her chair proclaiming, "I'm going to be pissed if they don't win...it's way past my bedtime." Katie justified nodding off during the game claiming she would wake up if something good happened since we'd be clapping and she could watch the instant replay. Finally, Carin kept telling us to pray that there would be no violence.

No comments: