Monday, November 01, 2004

I [heart] Brown Betty

I'm loving my eight cup teapot Adam got me for my birthday. I also got a cool set of teacups/saucers. The teapot was perfect for my tea party this weekend since I could brew a huge pot for everyone. The winner was the Creme Brulee tea I got from Tealuxe thanks to Wheezy's suggestion. I also made some madeleines for the first time. I learned to copiously spray the pan with PAM after my first batch got stuck due to only "normal" amounts of spray. Here's a tip...quickly pry the cookies out of the pan before they cool. On another note, another reason I'm excited about getting married...dishes. Bring on the consumerism. I've sometimes touted anti-consumeristic rhetoric with my, "I don't want matching plates"--it's so dull, "I don't want a couch"--it's too heavy and "maybe we shouldn't register." However I will miss the random conversations about our hodge podge collection of dishes when I can still pretend I'm poor.

Scene: plasticann passes around saucers to tea party guests to use as small plates. CAD Cowboy promptly places his mug on the saucer.

Laurel: [quietly] I think the plate is for your food.
CAD Cowboy: But plate has a circle in it and the mug fits on top.
plasticann: We don't actually have any small plates, but we have a lot of saucers.
CAD Cowboy: What happened to the teacups that go with the saucers?
plasticann: Don't know. Don't have them. Maybe we left them behind when we moved because we never used the cups, but we use the saucers.

No comments: