Monday, November 08, 2004

Backup Dress

I bid and won the auction on a backup wedding dress on Ebay. Granted, the dress is not a "real" wedding dress and is more like a bridesmaid/cocktail dress, but hey it's ivory so it's a backup. My bid sat at $12.50 for days and it was still at $12.50 this morning before I left for work. I got into work and checked it and sure enough, someone had bid two bucks above my maximum with one minute left on the dress. I logged on and placed another bid and it's now mine for $22.50. It's a crapshoot since I'm not sure how it will look once I get it, but I won't feel too bad if it doesn't work out since I could cut it up and do something creative with it. The following is a reconstructed conversation between my roommate Carin and her friend Jen about the dress. I was not present for this conversation.

Carin: plasticann bid on a dress on Ebay.
Jen: That's exciting, how much?
Carin: Twelve fifty.
Jen: Twelve hundred fifty?
Carin: No...twelve dollars and fifty cents.

No comments: