Friday, November 19, 2004

Orange Cornmeal Cake

I gave this Orange Cornmeal Cake receipe from FOOD a whirl this week because I needed to find something to bake so I could procrastinate earlier. Steve's friend, George, is holding me to standards and some level of honesty so I'm going to double check all the ingredients this weekend. That said, don't bake this cake until I fact check the recipe.

Wet ingredients:
1/2 cup olive oil
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
zest from half an orange

Dry ingredients:
1 and 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Topping:
1/3 cup sugar

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Grease a 9 inch cake pan. Line bottom with parchment paper
3. Whisk together wet ingredients
4. Whisk in dry ingredients until just combined
5. Pour batter into pan
6. Sprinkle a generous layer of sugar on top
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Test cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. Clean toothpick means it's done.

No comments: