Saturday, December 25, 2004

Marmalade

Made tangerine marmalade the other day
Learning how to crochet
Avoiding writing my essays
Still in my jammies at 4:15pm
All in all...I'm enjoying my holiday quite a lot

Marmalade recipe

1.5 tangerines
3/8 cup lemon juice (approx 1 lemon)
1.5 pounds of sugar
3 cups of water

Wash tangerines in hot water, cut into eight segments and slice thin cross sections.
Bring tangerines, lemon juice and water to a boil in a nonreactive pot (glass/enamel/etc)
Simmer for 90 minutes stirring ocassionally until citris peels are tender and translucent
Dissolve sugar in liquid and stir
Stir mixture constantly for 15 minutes [it will bubble over if you don't stir]
Marmalade will thicken once it cools

I cooked it for too long so my marmalade was very viscous and difficult to spread, but it was high on the yum factor.

No comments: