Saturday, September 24, 2005

Baby D*&%$#

The following reconstructed conversation happened on the way to the Phantom Gourmet Food Festival.

plasticann: I was joking around with Wheezy last weekend. I was telling her how I was going to need a break after grad school so I was going to put my MBA to work by becoming a "hausfrau." Wheezy said I should start my own business as a "hausfrau." I told her I could start "Baby Doofas" like "Baby Einstein." Wheezy says she'd put her baby in a "Baby Doofas" shirt.
Adam: [long pause] I guess that's mildly funny.
plasticann: Mildly funny! Harumph! Wheezy even came up with a logo. [plasticann makes a face with her tongue sticking out the side of her mouth.]
Adam: [silence]
plasticann: I guess you wouldn't put our kids in "Baby Doofas" shirts.
Adam: Nope.

I suppose Adam is right afterall. Dressing your helpless baby in a mocking shirt is probably not the best way to start out in life since it would only doom the baby to become a writer for The Onion, but I can't help it, I still think it's hilarious. Good thing I've got Wheezy to hang out with because Adam would never go to Urban Outfitters just to mock the merchandise.

No comments: