Monday, September 19, 2005

A Bi-Annual Tradition

After lunch yesterday, I dragged Nina to the Tannery in Harvard Square to look at clogs. I was considering the black ones since I've worn out two reddish pairs over the last four years, but I needed Wheezy's opinion. The following is a reconstructed conversation about clogs.

plasticann:
[wearing the black clogs] I just don't know. I don't want to get the reddish colored ones again, I've already gone through two pairs of the same color. I think I need a change, but I just don't know.
Wheezy: I don't know...the black ones look nice, but something's not quite right.
plasticann: I know, the black ones look nice on other people, but they seem weird on my feet.
Wheezy: When I think of plasticann, I think of the reddish clogs.
plasticann: Didn't I drag you down to the clog store two years ago for this exact issue and we ended up going with reddish over black?
Wheezy: Yeah and I still feel the same way. Maybe you should try the reddish ones.
...A few minutes later...
Wheezy: [watching plasticann open up the pair of reddish clogs] I have a good feeling about this already.
plasticann: [wearing the reddish clogs] Yeah, you're right. These are it. I'll probably drag you clog shopping in another two years and we'll have to go through this whole process again.

Therefore, I walked out with my third pair of reddish Dansko clogs. The lesson learned is don't mess with your signature shoe.

No comments: