Saturday, December 31, 2005

Mi Piace

The following reconstructed conversation occurred after Adam had methodically perused the menu at Mi Piace last night.

Adam: It's down to two items. Would you be able to give me a recommendation?
Server: Sure, what are you thinking about?
Adam: Vegetarian Lasa...
Server: Get the Vegetarian Lasagna!
Adam: ...sagna and the Vegetarian Calzone.
Server: [emphatically] Get the Lasagna. My lack of hesitation should tell you something.
Adam: Alright, I'll get the Lasagna.

Later that evening

Adam: Thanks for that recommendation, the Lasagna was really good.
Server: My wife still asks me to bring it home for her after 15 years.

We enjoyed a delicious platter of thin cut fries to start, I had the sesame chicken, plasticmom stuck with one of her two favorites, the fra' diavolo with calamari and shrimp and Adam, of course, had the vegetarian lasagna. The prices are very reasonable and the food is consistently delicious. No wonder the place was completely packed by 6:15pm.

No comments: