Monday, March 27, 2006

Spring Cleaning at the Zakun's

MGDub would be so proud of us for thoroughly cleaning and methodically decluttering our apartment. I was in Seattle two weekends ago and when I got home, I was shocked and dismayed to see the contents of our entire office in our living room. The following is a reconstructed conversation:

plasticann:
Hi Adam, I'm home...[looking around the living room]...wha' happened?
Adam: I decided to clean the office while you were away.
plasticann: Were you bored?
Adam: Yeah! I couldn't watch TV since I gave it up for lent. I thought about going out, but I didn't. I've been wanting to clean the office for a while, but you're always in there studying. [plasticann is very studious indeed]
plasticann: Wow, I can't believe you spent the whole weekend cleaning. Maybe next week I should clean the bedroom while you're away. Then I could get rid of all of your clothes.

Clean the bedroom I did this weekend and boy did I declutter Adam's wardrobe. Our closets have never looked this good. I even purchased closet organizational tools. That's borderline out of character.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Zakuns! Welcome to my world of clutter-free living. This reminds me of that show on TLC "Clean Sweep." If the whole film-making thing doesn't work out, I think I could get a job as an organizer on that show. After all, I did do a bang-up job on GJDubya's closet recently and convinced her to part with an obscene number of shoes dating back to the 70s.

Anonymous said...

MGDub would be awesome as an organizer, she'd make you laugh through out the often painful discouraging process of decluttering and organizing.