Wednesday, September 20, 2006


Bike Girl

I got a bike! Need I say more? It's a girl bike and it's that lovely shade of light green Martha Stewart loves so much. I also got a helmet (very important), a headlamp and a light for my helmet. It's been years (14 to be exact) since I last had a bike so I was very proud of myself for riding it home from the bike shop. I was very careful, stopping on the sidewalk to cross the street instead of making left turns. I took it out for a spin around Cambridge and was amazed by how far I could travel on a bike...modern marvels I tell ya. I went to Harvard Square and before I knew it I was in Central Square. I thought about riding over to MIT, but decided to ride over to Inman Square for some ice cream before going home. I would have made other pit stops, but couldn't figure out how to lock my bike so I had to skip the shopping and keep riding. I was happy to learn that traffic on Cambridge streets is pretty slow and sometimes there's even a bike lane. All I need now is to name my bike and find a bike basket.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given the color, I think you should definitely name your bike Martha! :)

Ann said...

By golly, I think I will. Maybe I'll get one of those little license plates that say "MARTHA" and attach it to my bike. At the very least, I'm cranking out a p-touch label.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so excited to have suggested the namesake of your bike! Maybe now you'll name your hypothetical future children according to my suggestions too:
Broccoli Rabe Bakun (AKA Broc) for a boy and Banana Anna Bakun (AKA Nan) for a girl. Admit it. Those are really cute names! :)