Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Holy Land

It's the Lenten season and Adam is fasting from cheese and desserts while I am fasting from "non-purposeful" desserts. We did make an exception for "social" desserts, namely, if someone has a dinner party or a birthday party then we want to celebrate and enjoy desserts. Let's face it, I eat a lot of dessert everyday and I don't even think about it. Just the other day, there was a plate of homemade brownies and I unconsciously ate one. It wasn't until minutes later when someone offered me a cookie and I was about to turn it down that I realized I'd already eaten a brownie. I don't feel bad because I didn't break my fast on purpose, but I am being more vigilant about it. The following is a reconstructed conversation about our fasts:

plasticann: Adam, I think I'm going to break my fast when we're in Israel over spring break even though it's still Lent because there might be some really cool Israeli dessert I want to try.
Adam: Oh yeah, we can totally breaking our fasts in Israel. We'll be in the Holy Land.

No comments: