Thursday, October 18, 2007

More on Cupcakes

Zames and Zess recently had their birthdays and their mommy Zara is probably giving birth to #3 as we speak. Earlier this week, Zara sent some very cute photos from Zess' 4th b-day party...a Tinkerbell themed fairy dress up party. I scrolled through cute photo after cute photo on Shutterfly until I came upon the one with the cupcakes. Being the engaged and attentive aunt that I am, I became utterly fixated on these cupcakes because they were HUGE. Sure Zess looked cute as usual in the foreground, but the cupcakes looked like they were half the size of a Zess' head. They were frosted luxuriously with copious amounts of pretty frosting topped with little Tinkerbell figurines. I zoomed into the photo trying to size up the cupcakes. At first I thought maybe the kids were just super tiny and normal cupcakes looked big relative to the tiny kids, but then I noticed that Zara's cake plates could only hold at most five of these outsized creations. Finally, I broke down and e-mailed Zara just days before she was about to give birth my very important question. Fortunately Zara graciously confirmed that in fact the cupcakes were GINORMOUS as was her belly. Now that I've seen these cupcakes, I'm slightly obsessed with the idea of eating giant cupcakes myself. I wonder if I can convince Zess to order them for Christmas when we're visiting so I can experience it for myself, they looked like they might be deliciously moist and full of potential.

No comments: