Sunday, October 07, 2007

Classic Steve

Last Friday was my 29th birthday and I had a really fun time celebrating with dinner at the Rialto with Adam. Getting to the Rialto was quite the challenge. Park street station has a fire so the train was shut down so I had to walk from Downtown Crossing over to Kendall/MIT to catch the train to Harvard Square. Adam was coming from Davis and he got stuck in the train for 40 minutes just outside of Harvard Square. Fortunately, the folks at Rialto were extremely gracious and they held our table for over an hour and offered us complimentary glasses of prosecco because we looked so stressed out and harried when we finally arrived. That said, my friend Steve called and left me a message Friday and the following is a reconstructed conversation:

plasticann: Hey Steve.
Steve: Did you get my message?
plasticann: Yeah, I heard your bit of juicy gossip.
Steve: [elaborating on juicy gossip]
plasticann: Steve, did you know it's my birthday today?
Steve: Did you think I left you a message for your birthday?
plasticann: It crossed my mind.
Steve: Uhh...Happy Birthday!
plasticann: Thanks, but that's not particularly convincing. However, you can write yourself a note for the future.

Basically, it's classic Steve to call me on my birthday to tell me a bit of juicy gossip and not realize it's my birthday. It's pretty hilarious. Thanks for the birthday chuckle Steve.

No comments: