Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sweet Tofu Pudding

I was hankering for a sweet treat yesterday afternoon and ice cream would typically be my default option, but I ended up walking over to Chinatown in search for a fun afternoon snack. I picked up some sweet tofu pudding from the market and some freshly baked sweet buns from Eldo Cake House.

Sweet tofu pudding is delicious and satisfying. It's made locally by Chang Shing Tofu over in Kendall Square. Wheezy and I once walked over to the Chang Shing Tofu factory when we worked in Kendall Square, it was quite the experience. Vats of soy, giant fridges, Chinese folks and a handwritten price list taped to a wall for random retail customers off the street like us. I digress! Tofu pudding is really a nice treat especially in the summer. It's pretty healthy, low in fat, sweet and refreshing. It also has protein to boot since it's tofu. I like the Chang Shing pudding because they put some vanilla into their recipe which gives it a nice flavor. With spring finally arriving in Boston, you should definitely give sweet tofu pudding a try.

No comments: