Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Un-Facebook

Wheezy, Dave, Adam and I were joking around on Sunday [at Dave's b-day party...happy b-day Dave] about how we should form our own Un-Facebook social network and send each other letters by mail.

Well, I defected from our theoretical Un-Facebook social network by joining Facebook this week. I think our little pact failed mainly due to the fact that our theoretical social network was theoretical and was also a network rooted in being anti-social network. I now have like 6 friends, all of them actual friends. This morning my brother-in-law Zryce asked to be a friend and I accepted which is how I got from 5 to 6 friends. He's almost 4 times more popular than me with 23 friends, but I'm most impressed that Zryce found me so quickly since I'd just signed up for Facebook two days ago on Monday. I also have to extend props to Zryce for saying a friendly and appropriately casual "Hello!" in his email as opposed to the odd and overly formal Linked In invitation Adam sent to me a few months ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann - my finding you was quite coincidental! Zara and I were for the first time ever yesterday searching Facebook to see if people we knew were on it. We were pretty confident you would be - had we searched a week earlier, I guess we would have been very disappointed!
Your friend,
Zryce

Anonymous said...

noooooooooooo! sincerely, wheezy