Friday, April 04, 2008

Bike

We went and got Adam a bike Wednesday night. The following are reconstructed conversations with Adam's bike enthusiast coworkers (BEC):

Adam: I'm getting a bike tonight.
BEC: How exciting. What kind of bike are you getting? We may have some recommendations.
Adam: plasticann said something about a hybrid. I don't know, a bike bike!
BEC: A bike bike?
Adam: You know, something with two wheels mostly so I can ride [to the cheese shop] with plasticann.
BEC: [clearly disappointed] Oh! we don't really have any advice for that.

later that evening at the bike shop

plasticann: Adam, do you want to put your [newly purchased] helmet in my bag?
Adam: No. I'm going to wear it?
plasticann: Why?
Adam: So we can bike home.
plasticann: What am I going to ride?
Adam: Oh, that's right, you don't have a bike. You mean I have to walk the bike home?
plasticann: Well, you can ride it, but I'll have to meet you back at home.
Adam: It's OK, I'll walk it home.

No comments: