Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Giant Cookie

I baked a giant chocolate chip cookie for a coworker as a fun jokey birthday gift last weekend. It was ginormous, about 10 inches diameter or the equivalent of 10 normal giant cookies or about three dozen small cookies. I found a cake round and used it to support the cookie underneath so I could transport it. To mimic the look of a deli counter cookie, I saran wrapped my creation and even made a giant label reading "Chocolate Chip Cookie...$1.50...Serving Size=1." Basically, it was totally awesome. I kept bugging Adam all of Sunday night asking him to admire [repeatedly] my giant cookie which probably explains why Adam had giant cookies on his brain when we went to sleep that night. The following is a reconstructed conversation that happened in Adam's dream:

Scene: Adam is sitting in the office and his friend Zanny is hanging out in another part of the house.

Zanny: [walking into the office] Hey Adam, can I eat that giant saran wrapped cookie in the kitchen?
Adam: No!

a few minutes later

Zanny: [walks into the office holding the giant cookie with a big bite missing]
Adam: Wait, what's going on?
Zanny: Some woman in the other room said I could eat the cookie.
Adam: Noooooo! That's Ann's cookie.

I'm happy to hear that Adam is looking out for me even in his dreams.

No comments: