Saturday, May 03, 2008

Donut Kabobs

I had some friends over for brunch this morning and served a super simple menu of gourmet breakfast sandwiches, fruit salad, chai tea, OJ and donut kabobs. I dreamed the kabobs up last night while I was trying to fall asleep because I was trying to figure out how I could avoid waking up early to bake a sour cream coffee cake that I neither had the time nor the ingredients to make. I created my donut kabobs out of fresh donuts I purchased at the corner donut shop this morning and some skewers. I bought a honey dipped also known as a glazed donut, a buttercrunch and a cinnamon raisin cruller. I cut each donut into quarter and I used some wooden skewers to make donut kabobs. They were a hit since it's fun to try small portions of three different donuts and it was super easy and looked kinda cool and subversive all at the same time. Afterall, who needs a fruit or a beef kabob when you can eat donuts on a stick.

No comments: