Saturday, May 24, 2008

Yummy Oat Bran Muffins

Through chit-chatting with a friend at Zess's co-op preschool, the Zakins have discovered a new muffin recipe. They are only 12o calories each (less than a cookie!) and low in fat. My friend Zane says that she makes them once a week for her kids and they disappear almost instantly. I thought I should test this premise and try them out with my kiddies, as we're always looking for healthy new snacks that we can make together. 

So this week Zess and Zames fought over beating the eggs and stirring the dry ingredients for Oat Bran Muffins, courtesy of the red Quaker Oat Bran hot cereal box. Zhor true to form was enjoying his afternoon snooze at the time. We added 1/2 c chopped fresh cherries for some glamour. And abracadabra, six muffins went poof warm from the oven!

As I am writing this I have just enjoyed a muffin rewarmed for 10 seconds  in the microwave and eaten with honey and butter. Yum!

1 comment:

Ann said...

Zara, Please share the recipe. The muffins sound wonderful.
plasticann