Saturday, June 07, 2008

Heath Bar Chocolate Cake

We took the opportunity to break in Adam's brand new charcoal grill tonight for our friend Zayne's b-day. Our friends Zristen and Zave made a wonderfully refreshing watermelon gazpacho and greek salad. Adam grilled up some burgers, veggies and corn and I baked up a tasty Heath Bar inspired cake. Even I was surprised how yummy the cake was since I didn't really do anything special. It was once box of devil's food cake mix baked according to basic box directions, one tub of chocolate frosting from the store and half a bag of Heath Bar bits from the baking section. I baked the cake in 2 rounds, frosted it and generously sprinkled the Heath Bar bits over the cake and on the sides. I tried to use the entire bag, but the cake wouldn't take any more bits. Rave reviews from all and super easy to boot.

No comments: