Friday, June 27, 2008

Scrabulous

is Fabulous when you win! Adam and I have been playing Scrabulous online the past two weeks. I won the first game (313 to 293) and my victory was particularly sweet because Adam had scoffed that luck was the reason I was ahead for most of the game. Afterall, I didn't even know what the shaded spots meant, how could I be playing with skill. Even though it was all true, I was still offended by his comment and my annoyance fueled an uncharacteristic competitive streak in game 1. I never did bother to figure out exactly what the shaded spots meant, but I did know that they were a good thing. I thought that was going to be good enough, but boy oh boy was I wrong. I'm now trailing miserably in game 2. Adam is currently ahead by 125 points or he has 160% more points than I do. That's a whole lot of points, he's been maxing out on these fancy things he likes to call "triple word scores" and he's built a scrabble board so cluttered and dense we're now running out of room on the board and we have to cooperate in order to break out into the other half of the board. However, I do have to admit that those pesky shaded tiles have contributed to Adam's success, probably those red ones in the corners.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to comment that Adam started playing scrabble with his family when he was quite young.
And one might say that we were fairly competitive.
Zmom