Monday, August 30, 2004

Back to our regular programming...Food, Food and more Food

1. Rouge on Friday night in the South End: Adam and I shared the Beef Brisket, Mac & Cheese and Fried Catfingers. Very tasty, but they weren't offering their famously fabulous bread basket and the yummy spread I had heard about. Adam inadvertently created a line for the restroom by thoroughly reading the reviews posted on the restroom wall.

2. Vegetarian Ravioli at Taiwan Cafe: Wheezy, Kristen and I stopped by Taiwan Cafe (an old favorite) for a late night snack Saturday night after Princess Diaries 2 (delightful by the way). Since Wheezy is an herbivore, we were given the opportunity to actually branch out and order new items. The vegetarian raviolis were steamed dumplings stuffed with a pillowy "vegetable/tofu/glassy noodle/general good stuff" filling. I think I've found a new favorite.

3. Vietnamese sandwiches at Saigon Sandwich: Kristen and I stopped by Saigon Sandwich Sunday afternoon for a quick lunch. We both enjoyed the "VN Cold Cut" sandwich ($2). Other sandwiches, such as curry chicken, shredded pork and vegetarian tofu, cost a whopping 50 cents more at $2.50. The baguette was warm and crispy reminding me of the sandwich stall I used to frequent back in la la land. Word of caution: Kristen can attest the hot peppers are quite hot and don't think too much of what's in the "cold cuts," just enjoy it.

No comments: